Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things I'm Loving Thursday

1. St. Patrick's Day! I just love holidays! Even if I do have to be at work, St. Patrick's Day just makes the day a little more fun. I'm wearing green, and so were all the constructions workers I passed on my way to work. Don't know why but thought was kind of neat. Their job doesn't necessarily give them a reason to dress up, but they did and I'm sure it makes their day a little more fun like it does mine. Already thinking about what dessert I could make tonight that would be St. Patty's Day inspired...



Some St. Patrick's Day trivia: St. Patrick was not born in Ireland. He was actually born in Britain and captured as a slave at the age of 16 and taken to Ireland. He escaped sometime later and became a bishop and then returned to Ireland later and eventually became their patron saint.




2. More Tulips for Spring. This weather has just been wonderful and is only supposed to be getting better. I got more tulips and they make our home so cheerful and ready to welcome spring on Sunday!






3. Burger week at my house. This week I decided to really simplify meals since I didn't know how much I would be working and have done a trio of different gourmet burgers/sandwiches.



The first was possibly the best and actually wasn't a technical "burger", but I'll call it one anyway. It was a Crabcake Burger. This is by far the easiest and best crabcake recipe I've ever made. I don't know if I'll ever make a different recipe for them as it was just wonderful! Sorry I didn't get a picture, they were too good and we ate them too fast!



Crabcake Burger Recipe from Eating Well.com http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/crab_cake_burgers.html




Then we made Bison Burgers with fresh sage, peppered turkey bacon, sage cheese, and barbeque sauce. Oh wow, this was amazing!




Lastly, we made Turkey Burgers last night!




Happy Thursday/St. Patrick's Day Everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.... the bison burger looks wonderful! What a great idea! I want your crabcake recipe, please!

    ReplyDelete