Monday, October 11, 2010

Ever been locked out of your own mailbox?


Our mailbox lock was changed out when someone new moved in and somehow the post office changed our lock to be his box, and we no longer have access to get mail!!! grrrr this has been a process, and HOPEFULLY tomorrow when the post office is open again they will come get it sorted out. I was able to catch the mail lady (Sandra, she's so nice! and not the one who changed the lock I might add) on Friday and get our mail from the week, but she said she's been so confused and just holding our mail since the new owner of the box left her nasty notes. (He did save our mail from the week the confusion began though and gave it to us) anyway, so we tried every single mailbox with our mail keys and none worked. Then we looked up and on top of the mail boxes, was a lock just sitting there, low and behold it fits our keys! I can't believe this happened or how it happened. I can't believe also that they didn't send someone out on Thursday when I called to fix it immediately. Isn't that illegal? Ok probably not, but still. So I took the lock with me, because we are not paying for a new one with new keys. They'd better call me to use this same lock when they fix this little problem. Ok can you tell I'm frustrated?

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! I have never heard of such. Yes they better fix it free of charge. And I would think there is some kind of law broken here....but I don't know which one :) hope it gets worked out tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a typical day at work for me. Seriously, I can probably change out your mailbox lock in 5 min flat. Too bad y'all live in Houston. Hope to see you and the Dub soon.

    ReplyDelete