Friday, May 7, 2010

Up on the Rooftop


Jonathan and I had our first real dinner on our rooftop deck this week! The weather was probably the nicest it will be for a long time. It was about 78 degrees, with clear skies and a breeze! We grilled steaks, and had baked potatoes and broccoli.
We had Jimmy Buffett music playing, and had some Jimmy Buffett Landshark! We are going to a Buffett concert in about 2 weeks so we're getting ready now! The pots on the table are becoming my little herb garden. This was a project we did a couple of weekends ago. We thought our deck needed a little bit of life. So we have started with some Basil. It is growing so well!

And it smells fabulous! I want to add cilantro and rosemary next in the other two pots.

Our other gardening project was to get some potted greenery that will stay green all year and grow up and become a privacy barrier of sorts. I think these Japanese Boxwood plants will be perfect. Right now they're small, but hopefully with some care they will really fill out.
I just love the pots we got to put them in.
After using our iced tea pitcher to water for a couple weeks, I thought the patio deserved to have it's very own water can. So I found this adorable one at HomeGoods for about $12.

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! you blogged!! I love it. Your dinner looked yummy and I love the plants it really does warm up that rooftop...

    so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mel! You're back! There is nothing better than a nice little dinner out of doors. I'm so glad you are enjoying your married life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just started a little herb garden as well! It's fun having a little project like that to work on, isn't it? And I love your watering can - I need to get one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I saw your blog about your new herb garden and learned about Marigolds to keep bugs away! I hadn't heard of that, but I think I'm now going to have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's so fun to see the pictures of your patio and your dinner! How fun!

    ReplyDelete