Saturday, May 8, 2010

I've been tagged by Stephanie at A New Day. So here goes with this little interview.


1. Who is your style icon?


I have a few:



The two women I'll put are Kelly Ripa, and Eva Longoria Parker. Both are petite like me, and embody what I like most about fashion. Details in clothes, and the perfect shoe for every individual outfit. They understand the importance of proportion for petites as I try to and execute it wonderfully. They also, both know the magic of a shoe the same color as your skin. I have multiple pairs of every variety. It makes us short people look taller (or at least we like to think so!)








Note: She is wearing Christian Louboutins. My dream is to own a pair or 10.


But, currently, I buy almost all my clothes from Ann Taylor Loft, so I must include that as well. They are doing a great job on keeping it classic but current. And most things I can wear to the office (which is what I do everyday) and transition to night






2. What is your favorite Socialite Lit book?


Hmmm...I'm not sure I quite know what this is supposed to be. An ettiquite book? I have the one referred to in Lindsey's blog Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma.



But....really the book I think is the best to follow for social ettiquite, is the Bible. Honestly. Have you watched Real Housewives of New York or any of them for that matter? These self proclaimed socialites, like The Countess who writes about so-called "Class", could use a less or two from the book of Proverbs. The Bible has the correct way to deal with gossip, money, adultery, language, and forgiveness just to name a few.


Now this doesn't mean I don't watch these shows...they are such entertainment! I just think they spin their wheels dealing with issues that wouldn't be issues if they acted right in the first place. Granted, no one is perfect, myself included, so all we can do is our best and the Bible is the only way to start.





3. Favorite party theme?


I love tropical themed parties. Especially our annual Jimmy Buffett party that is coming up very soon!


4. Go to Halloween Costume?


I think I've been something different almost every year. I don't like to repeat. However, I have been a flapper more than once, so I guess that is it.

College! Left to right, Stephanie, Me, Maggie, Caroline.


5. Extravagance you can't live without?
Estee Lauder, Idealist.


This stuff makes your skin feel like silk!! I put it on nearly every morning before my makeup. It really does make you glow and when used regularly my skin looks so much healthier and my makeup looks flawless. It will set you back a pretty penny, but when used sparingly, it lasts for quite awhile. I think I bought my last bottle about 6 months ago. Just before I got married :)



6. Living person you admire?

My mom.



She is incredible. The epitmote of graciousness, unconditional love, and pure goodness. She is such a Godly woman, who has it all. Everyone that knows her loves her and seeks her wisdom. She is also just plain fun! Love you Momma!

If you need a pick me up, or inspiration, you should check out her new blog that she just started!



7. Greatest Fear?



Spiders. No really, I hate them. Ok, but also...losing someone in my family is a big fear. I don't have any grandparents left, and I miss them all dearly even still. So that's my biggest fear.


8. Trait you deplore in yourself?
I think I read this book as I child and it definitely didn't have any impact on me.


I am not a very tidy person. I have to try VERY hard to put my dishes near the sink. Yes I said NEAR. I tend to gather coffee cups in my bathroom, and water cups beside my bed. I am trying to get better at keeping house and organization in general, but I'm just not good at it. I need a raise to get a maid.

I am, however, very good at organizing my work related matters. Weird I know. Must be psycological. I was also always good at organizing school work. I never miss things, am late, or even messy with work or school, but my personal life, and my car...well that's very different.

In fact, my precious grandmother, Dixie, gave me a book once called "How Not to Be a Messy". And she also mailed, oh probably 30 newspaper articles or so to me during her life about cleanliness, organization and things of that nature. I try to channel her sometimes when I need motivation to clean. She was so wonderful at keeping a home, as is my mother. Not sure where I got lost in that gene pool. :(


9. Which talent would you most like to have?




To be able to sing like Celine Dion. I can sing (or so I have been told), but I mean REALLY be able to sing. Ok this is going to share a lot about me, but I actually dream about being able to sing the high notes Celine hits, and I daydream about it. I sing in the car as if I can, and then my voice cracks, and I'm humbled. She is out of this world, and I just wish I could have that much control over my voice. And maybe even get to sing with her someday. ;) I always have my dreams right?


10. Greatest Achievement?
Gosh, that's hard. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished in school and work and especially my marriage and the man I found! But...I think that all of that comes from my positive attitude. I think my positivity is my greatest accomplishment. Sometimes it can be hard, but I always find the good in a situation.


Now I tag: Carla and Lauren.





1 comment: