Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm In My Mid-Twenties

My most recent birthday was this past Saturday, December 5. And now, I am officially in my mid-twenties. 24 years ago I was born. That makes it sound much older than it is, but everytime I think of how old I am that's the first thing that comes to mind. But that's neither here nor there...onto the celebration!

It began on Wednesday, sort of by accident. Well actually there was an accident. It was raining and I drove home from work headed to the grocery when I changed lanes and bumped another car. Long story short...everyone is ok, it was VERY minor, but I was not in a great mood when I got home. So I opened my gift from my parent's for my birthday! It is the larger vase of the 2. I had bought the one on the left for our house because I just fell in love with it. And my mom decided to get me the bigger one which I REALLY love for my birthday. Thanks Momma and Daddy!



Then on Thursday Jonathan decided to give me my birthday present early. He is terrible (in a good way) about keeping surprises for gifts. If he has the gift in his possession, he has never once that I can think of, waited until the actual event to give it to me.

So, we were on our way to dinner, getting into the car and Jonathan asked me to put the papers that were on the front seat into the trunk. I got the papers and opened the trunk, put them away, and came back to get buckled in. When I sat down he just looked at me and didn't back out. I said, "what?". He said go back there again. So I went and he got out too, and when I opened the trunk, he pulled out my gift! I had completely not seen it.

He got me an art easel. I had tried painting some art for fun that turned into art for our home (not sure if I think its good yet but he likes it...that's another story) and I did it on the hardwood floor in our house. I know, I know...not good. But anyway, he thought an art easel would be a much better solution. So thoughtful! I just love it. What a perfect gift for me when I truly have everything I need, so this is something I can enjoy and sort of take up a new hobby. I love my husband!

The next part of the birthday celebration was the entire weekend. Our best friends, David and Stephanie, came down to be our first house guests this weekend. They arrived Friday night and we had pizza and just enjoyed catching up since the wedding.

Then Saturday (my actual birthday), we woke up to J Dub's freshly baked cinnamon rolls. He brought me cinnamon rolls and coffee in bed! Then we watched Four Christmases, my gift from David and Steph, and had Mimosas.

Next was on to lunch at one of our favorite Houston restaurants, Little Bigs for some sliders. mmm soo good.

Then we came back and decorated for Christmas. Pictures on that to follow.

Then, we popped open our wedding gift from David and Steph. A bottle of Robert Craig Cabernet that they had signed.





Cheese and Salami on an Arthur Court cheese set we got for our wedding.

Baked Brie on my Dad's Aunt Julia's crystal cheese server that Aunt Karen gave me at Thanksgiving.

After wine and cheese we got ready and went out to dinner at a local Mexican food restaurant we found near our house called Terilingua. If you know me well, you know I LOVE mexican food. What a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! It was such a treat to come visit and see your new life :) and it was extra special to celebrate your birthday with you!

    ReplyDelete