Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Settling Into Life as a Wife

Jonathan and I are back from our Honeymoon and working on getting life organized here in Houston. Literally...I mean life. Not just our home. Its such an adjustment, but a fun one. We went grocery shopping yesterday evening after I finally made it home an hour after leaving the office because I got seriously lost since I had left my GPS at home for my first day of work. A drive that should have taken 15 minutes tops...took an hour. Soooo....when my directionally challenged self finally made it home, we went to the Grocery around 6:30, which meant we didn't get back and have our first homecooked (well browning the meat for Hamburger Helper has got to count for now as homecooked) meal until around 8:30 or 9. It was so much fun though cooking in OUR kitchen, sitting at OUR dining room table to eat together without the TV on, and just enjoying conversation face to face. Its the little things I love right now after being long distance so long.

Another example of how I mean we are adjusting to life in general...Yesterday morning I woke up at 7 and cooked cinnamon rolls and made coffee for my husband. Very fun! I felt so proud to kiss him goodbye in the garage and send him off to work with food and beverage! I went back upstairs to finish getting myself ready when not a minute later Jonathan walks back in the door and says, "You have jumper cables right?".....His car was dead.

So, we jumped that and he started off to work again. This is real life I suppose, and it is quite fitting. I have some preconceived expectations really of what married life is supposed to be, all perfect etc....but this reminded me that by letting go of those I can really see the joy of overcoming even little challenges together as we start our marriage. Day 1 of married life in our home is over and was absolutely wonderful in everyway!

I hope to have pictures up of everything....honeymoon, wedding, house....at some point relatively soon....so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting!! I can't wait to come visit!! I am so glad you are enjoying married life and I can finally call you my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this made me laugh out loud. I am sure it is an adjustment not only to be married, but to be in a new city, at a new office and in a new home!!

    I am proud of you for cooking and eating with no tv...it's so refreshing isn't it?

    Counting down until our visit!

    ReplyDelete