Monday, February 14, 2011

Things I'm Loving Monday

Since I missed last Thursday posting on things I love due to being just plain busy busy, I can't resist doing a things I'm loving today in honor of Valentine's Day.

1. First and foremost, my husband. I just can't get enough of him this week and last week particularly. It seems that when things are most hectic for me he is the most calm and the presence that sets all right with the world as soon as I talk to him/see him you name it.



Don't get me wrong I can never get enough of him, but the past few days have just been even more.


I mean can how can I resist this face?

A pic from our Honeymoon in Maui, which just at the end of last week I got home late from work and he said he wanted to show me something. He proceeded to sit me down on the couch and turn on the tv and started playing all the videos we took on our honeymoon! We had not watched them yet and I'd almost forgotten. How special! We just talked and laughed and watched them for about an hour. Took me right back!

2. H-E-B.
I just love my HEB. I think I first heard about it from my grandma Dixie in San Angelo, TX, and then we got one when I lived in Livingston, but when we moved to DFW we no longer HEB there so I really discovered its greatness in Waco at Baylor. Ahh good ole ghetto HEB!


But more recently, I'm obsessed with HEB at Bunker Hill in Houston. I drive the 15 minutes just because I love this grocery! They almost always have what I need and its just a fun weekly trip to the grocery store. I go just about every weekend. And now that Jonathan is letting me do my lists on his ipad its even more fun!



This is Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman's first book besides her cookbook of course which is an absolute must have!


This book is her love story of how she met her husband, Marlboro Man, their dating, engagement, and I think first year of marriage. She was a big city girl who fell in love with a cowboy. I'm about halfway through the book and it is so entertaining, and also reminds me so much of the place in life Jonathan and I are at in our marriage, and reminds me of those earliest memories dating. Such a special time that I treasure looking back on.


Oh and look at this limited edition Kitchen Aid mixer that Pioneer Woman was commissioned to design and gets to give away! She made it to match the cover of her book. As Rachel Zoe would say, "I die!!!". Ugh its so pretty!

2 comments:

  1. I love the mixer! So pretty! You are blessed with an awesome hubby! Great post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mixer too!! I need to get her book!

    so glad dub is there with you during this busy season!!

    ReplyDelete