Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things I'm Loving Thursday

1. My nail polish, Barefoot in Barcelona by OPI. I chose this color on Saturday when I got a quick manicure and it goes with EVERYTHING in my fall wardrobe, plus I have no chips 6 days later, I repeat none!! I have cooked, cleaned, worked, etc. and its still great! It's amazing.



2. Weight Watchers Points Plus. I joined weight watchers officially on January 3, going to meetings each week and all. As of this morning I have lost 5 pounds! The new program is a totally new points system that ignores calories and looks instead at carbs, protein, fat, and fiber. It is based on science and the way our bodies process each. Therefore, you really get more food for your points! I can explain more if you'd like, but basically I NEVER feel deprived, eat what I want, and bottom line is, its working!





3. Weight Watchers etools. I have the etools kit where you have access to all the weight watchers things online, like recipes, and tracking your points online/phone. The recipes are amazing! Jonathan and I picked out one for each day pretty much since I started and he is loving it too! I will have to share some here!



On his ipad, there is the coolest free app called Weight Watchers Kitchen Companion. You do have to subscribe to the weight watchers monthly pass to access it though. When you pick out all your weekly recipes you can add all the ingredients to your grocery list automatically. We literally took the ipad to the grocery store on Sunday and checked off the items as we bought them as it even has them categorized by part of the grocery store. We bought a whole weeks worth of food and were in and out in less than 45 minutes on the near busiest day I've ever seen the grocery!



Plus when you are cooking, you use the ipad like a cookbook basically and when it says an amount of time to do a step, you click on the time and it pops up with a timer!! You can have multiple ones going at the same time. Ah its made life/cooking a little more fun!

2 comments:

  1. she's alive :) hope to see more posts from you!! I love the nail polish! So pretty.

    and wish I had an ipad to go grocery shopping with :) too fun!!

    ReplyDelete