Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

We finally had a weekend to catch up on things at home. And for the most part we did (even if its not perfect). It meant sacrificing a few out of town events, but it was desperately needed. I mean we still had Christmas up for goodness sakes!



We got Christmas put away. Here are a few pictures of what Christmas in our home looked like this year. My color scheme was deep red, dark apple green (maybe that's not the name of it?), and turquoise.




I made a couple of wreaths to match our tree, like this one here hanging from the china cabinet.





Kitchen tree. Turquoise tinsel to match the overall turquoise theme of our home (note the light beautiful turquoise glass subway tiles in our kitchen. Probably my favorite part of our condo). Complete with little glass ice cream cones and cupcakes in shades of antique pastels, and some fun Disney ornaments!



Jonathan's tree! Sports, Sports, and cars!



We cleaned and cleaned the downstairs, mainly the kitchen. You see we cook nearly every night and usually its not just something simple, so I've just become used to the fact that our kitchen will take constant cleaning, but sometimes like this weekend will need some extra attention.



I went grocery shopping on Saturday night. It turned out to be a wonderful time to go, its basically empty!



We went to church and enjoyed the wonderful 11:11 band and a sermon about the name of God. This week, El Elyon, which means God most high. A good reminder that who are we to go about life our own way when God is the most sovereign? Here you can find past sermons, and this week's should be up soon. Dave Riggle preaches in our service for this series.

We saw the King's Speech. A wonderful movie! Surprisingly funny too.



We cooked. I tried out a weight watchers recipe for chicken and dumplings in an effort to satisfy my Cracker Barrell craving. It was ok, but I learned that so far, chicken and dumplings just isn't meant to be healthy. Maybe I'll find another recipe. Normally the WW ones are amazing, this was just eh.



We watched Miss America, where I sadly realized I am now too old to compete. (sigh)



We read. Well I read just a little, Jonathan is an avid reader these days with his ipad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Melissa! I JUST took the ornaments off of our tree today (yes, I said "ornaments": the tree is still up) :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete