Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Daily Post

I've decided on a whim, after working out today, weighing myself and seeing that I've gained 4.5 pounds since February, that the thing I need to get back to doing for weight loss and then maintenance, is writing down what I eat. Plus I just read an article on CNN that talks about the importance of this very thing.



My background in or history with weightloss so to speak, is Weight Watchers, which I did with my mom in high school and I went from a size 10 as a 5 foot girl, down to a size 2-4 at my smallest. I'm hovering around a 6 right now and things are getting tighter. In weight watchers we are told to keep a daily journal of food. My mom does this pretty religiously, which I think is why she such a great figure so many years after starting. I on the other hand am I bit more carefree and have a hard time sticking to habits.



I'm working out, so the issue has got to be what I'm eating. I'm a stress eater, and I've recently developed a love for cooking. About half the recipes in our house are Weight Watchers recipes, and the other half are from things like the Pioneer Woman. Full of buttery goodness. I think its good to know how to cook like that, but I need to scale back my intake, its all about portion control and I haven't been actually figuring out how much a serving of my recipes is recently.



Thus, I'm going to start a daily food journal on my blog.



I'm going to do the journal in weight watcher points, so if you're interested in that or even need to lose weight, I HIGHLY recommend weight watchers. For the money you pay going to meetings to learn the system, you will be so pleased with the results and lifestyle it brings. Despite my little recent weight gain I've not gone above my size 6 since high school so that says something.



Plus I'd like to lose about 5 pounds or so by our Mexico vacation. So I have about 3.5 weeks til then. Healthy weight loss I think is between even 1/2 lb. to 3-4 lbs. per week. 3-4 being much more rare the closer you are to your goal weight. Anywho...



We'll see how this goes:

My daily point range for my weight and age is to have 18 points per day, and then I have 35 flex points to use throughout the week.



Tuesday:

1 -Coffee with coffeemate

2- Honeynut Cheerios

1- Light soy milk

5- Turkey 6 in. Subway Sandwich with Cheese and FF dressing

2- Yogurt
4- Crockpot Beef Short Ribs (I only ate 2, not he best meal choice for first day of this :)
3- Mashed Potatoes
1- Sauteed Spinach
2- Cottage Cheese
1- Bite of Cheesecake pudding pie

Daily Total = 22 points.

35 flex points
- 4 used
31 flex points left.

2 comments:

  1. While I think you look amazing and jealous of your petite self- I agree that weight watchers is so great! And pass encouragement from Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you and your are so strikingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete