Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I needed this today

I just read one of Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's latest blogs and felt like it was so timely and I needed to hear that today.

Here is the link to it:


http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2011/06/storms/



She lives in a ranch in the middle of no where Oklahoma and blogs about her life. This particular entry was about storms. Something we particularly need all over Texas right about now for some rain. She writes of how they are a necessary and most of the time good thing for ranchers to water their crops.

Then she uses them as a metaphor for having faith and that they remind her that God's provision over our lives is constant and unshakeable.


We are going through a "storm" of sorts in our life right now with Jonathan's recent job loss. But I am reminded that God's will is sovereign and that this storm will serve a greater purpose to strengthen us and "water" our marriage so to speak.


I have faith that God will provide for all our needs and will provide an opportunity for Jonathan that far exceeds our expectations.


Some scriptures come to mind:


For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to propsper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11




Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence. Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4

1 comment:

  1. Our Lord is soverign and does have a plan for you and dub! I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete