Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I'm Loving Thursday




1. Tax - Ok so I don't LOVE taxes, but I do love when I file my return this time of year (yes I'm a tax accountant and wait til the last minute to do my own...strange isn't it?) and get a big ole refund. I filed ours online tonight and refund is on the way for direct deposit! Some might say it is better to be accurate in your withholding so you don't pay more than what you owe during the year (time value of money), but me, I don't like to chance it and with as many things as I have to think about, the possibility of paying taxes myself after doing them for other people/companies for a year is not in the least bit appealing.


Also it's April 15 tomorrow which marks and end of my "technical" busy season, but let's be honest these days it's always busy season, just not ridiculous.


I'm also loving about tax...a particular new part of my job. I'm getting into learning about and finding "green" incentives, tax credits etc. for companies and it's really fun! Again, strange I know.


2. My new earrings! Oh they're just so pretty. Dub surprised me and bought me these on our trip to Chicago last weekend. Just looking for every opportunity to wear them. They're massive though so it has to be special occasions.

3. Little weekend adventures


We have done something fun the past couple of weekends (probably because it feels like spring) and have a few more things planned coming up. I really like having things to look forward to and doing at least one out of the house thing each weekend.


Recent adventures have been:


- The Houston Zoo


- Chicago


Upcoming adventures:


- A facial


- Good friends' Wedding!


- The Thompson's coming to visit (including visits to a new Tex Mex Restaurant El Real owned by a friend's dad)


- Disney World! Ok so that one will be a weekend plus 3 workdays, but still!!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! You're dad just told me that taxes aren't due until the 18th because of a little known holiday in DC called Emancipation Day. Normally ist the 16th but this year its the 15th. It is when Lincoln signed the compensated Emancipation Act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the earrings, love the pictures from your recent adventures and can't wait to share the future adventures with y'all!!

    ReplyDelete