Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Houston Car Show

Tonight Jonathan and I went to the Houston car show. I took off work early just for this because he has been talking about it for over a month! It was quite fun! Sort of like the car shows at the Texas State Fair, except I think a little bigger. Tonight was nice because it was opening night and there just weren't that many people there. We were in and out in an hour and then went and had dinner at Lupe Tortilla. By the way, if you haven't had their steak fajitas or their queso....you don't know what you're missing. I could drink that queso. Ok back to cars....

This is my next car...my mommy car. (No, I won't be a mommy soon but I envision getting this in about 3-4 years. :) Just realized he didn't really get a picture of the car. Its a Lexus RX350. You know, the smallest SUV one. So cute!


Here you can just barely see my man "posing" with an Audi R8. Apparently its very nice because it was one of the few you can't get in. (according to Dub just now, it is about $115K.) I say "posing" because he would not really pose with a car at the show. I think its not cool or something. I had no problem with it. :) You can't see it too well in this picture, but the engine is right there in the back window. Weird.

Then, this was just neat to look at...Toyota made a version of the Tundra all tricked out in tribute or inspired by the country duo Brooks and Dunn. It had this crazy tailgating setup all BUILT IN to the bed of the truck. A flat screen TV, stainless steel grill, steam pot, and serving area.
Then, the bed of the truck had this cover...it is all embossed leather in a cowboy sort of pattern with steel studs. The door handles are silver embellished like belt buckles. What?
Finally, the cream of the crop at the show were these Aston Martin DBS cars. According to Dub, they are 2010 models that have not even gone on sale yet. Just for comparison though...the 2009 models of these went for $270,000. These were roped off completely. These were Bond cars last year. Cool!
After some of these car prices...my request for a little Lexus SUV is just not to far out there I think.

3 comments:

  1. haha I bed Dub was so happy to see all those cars...you are a good wife to let him drool. Hope to see you in a couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection ov car you have in this blog actually i want to purchase new car and your blog help me for the selection of new car.: Used Car Dealer in Houston TX

    ReplyDelete